Did you know that nearly half of marketers need help implementing effective automated email marketing campaigns? Even more surprising, 15% of marketers still find it challenging to create automation and integrate it with marketing tools. What is the root cause of these issues? It often boils down to a need for proper guidance during implementation and the choice of the wrong marketing automation tool.
In a market flooded with countless options promising top-notch automated marketing and results, finding the tool that genuinely unleashes your selling potential is crucial.
Let’s now turn our focus to Salesforce Pardot, a groundbreaking asset in the world of marketing automation. It fades away the charm of ordinary marketing automation tools, offering a revolutionary solution to streamline and automate an extensive array of marketing tasks. These encompass email marketing, campaign management, data analytics and reporting, lead generation, and more.
Curious about how you can implement Salesforce in your business? This blog will enlighten you with the successful tried-and-test process for implementing Salesforce Pardot.
What is Salesforce Pardot?
Salesforce Pardot, or Marketing Cloud Account Engagement, is a B2B Marketing automation platform that enables businesses to engage, attract, and nurture leads and efficiently market their products & services.
With Pardot, you can create personalized marketing campaigns, track user behavior, score leads, and align marketing efforts with sales objectives.
Benefits of Integrating Pardot with Salesforce
By successfully integrating Pardot with Salesforce, you can enjoy the following benefits of having a unified sales and marketing platform:
- Increased lead generation: You can use Pardot’s tools to create engaging online marketing campaigns that attract more prospects to your website or landing pages. You can also capture their information using forms or progressive profiling and sync them with Salesforce as leads.
- Improved lead qualification: You can use Pardot’s scoring and grading features to measure the interest and fit of your leads based on their behavior and profile. You can also use automation rules or completion actions to assign leads to sales reps based on their score or grade.
- Enhanced lead nurturing: Pardot’s email marketing and drip programs can send personalized and relevant messages to your leads based on their stage in the buyer’s journey. You can also use dynamic content to tailor it to their preferences and needs.
- Faster lead conversion: Pardot’s real-time alerts and notifications can inform your sales reps when a lead is ready to buy or show buying signals. You can also use Pardot’s Salesforce Engage feature to empower your sales reps to send targeted emails and track their performance.
- Better lead retention: You can use Pardot’s customer lifecycle reporting and analytics to measure the effectiveness of your sales and marketing efforts and optimize them for better results. You can also use Pardot’s customer loyalty programs and surveys to increase customer satisfaction and retention.
But how do you implement Pardot with Salesforce? What are the steps involved in successful Salesforce Pardot implementation and setup?
Implementing Salesforce Pardot: A Step-by-step itinerary
Implementing Salesforce Pardot is a strategic endeavor that requires careful planning and coordination across various departments within your organization. This comprehensive guide will walk you through the 12 essential steps to successfully implement Pardot, ensuring that it aligns seamlessly with your business requirements.
Step 1 – Identifying Key Stakeholders
Pardot implementation is a team effort that draws expertise from different departments, including sales, service, IT, and marketing. To ensure a smooth implementation process, it’s crucial to identify the key individuals who will contribute to this effort.
Step 2 – Crafting a Journey Map
Implementing Pardot without a well-defined journey map is akin to cooking without a recipe; you won’t know which ingredients and steps are needed to create a successful outcome. A journey map helps prioritize your business’s most critical goals and offers recommendations on how to achieve them. Pardot’s two-way sync feature ensures alignment between sales and marketing teams by defining the data that must synchronized and the criteria for moving prospects through stages.
Step 3 – Technical Configuration
Technical setup serves as the foundation of any Pardot implementation. It involves several key elements:
- Tracking Code Implementation: This allows you to monitor website visitors and their activities, providing valuable insights.
- Adding a Tracker Domain: Masking Pardot-hosted content with a custom URL enhances branding and user experience.
- Authenticating DKIM and SPF Email: This step improves email delivery and credibility, which is crucial for reducing spam and enhancing trust.
- Enabling First-Party Tracking: Utilizing a custom domain for tracking cookies enhances tracking accuracy and eliminates browser limitations.
Step 4 – User Management
Adding users to Salesforce Pardot is the next logical step. Assign each user an appropriate role and permissions to ensure efficient task execution. For example, an administrator has comprehensive account management capabilities but cannot edit marketing assets.
Step 5 – Salesforce-Pardot Integration
Integrating Pardot with Salesforce is pivotal for aligning sales and marketing teams. Utilize Salesforce Pardot connectors to seamlessly synchronize data, resulting in high-quality leads and data-driven marketing campaigns. Note that the Salesforce professional edition is mandatory for this integration.
Step 6 – Salesforce Engage Setup
Salesforce Engage Setup fosters transparency and alignment between sales and marketing by enabling personalized buyer experiences. It allows sales teams to leverage Pardot data for email interactions and web behavior and streamline email creation and tracking.
Step 7 – Marketing Analytics Setup
Setting up marketing analytics ensures your business stays informed about campaign performance across multiple channels, such as social media, email, and the web. This data-driven approach empowers you to optimize strategies and achieve better campaign outcomes.
Step 8 – Creating Marketing Assets
Marketing assets, including landing pages, forms, email templates, and preference centers, are essential for crafting and delivering effective marketing campaigns. Pardot offers various options for creating and customizing these assets, allowing you to tailor them to your needs.
Step 9 – Pardot Hosting Files Setup
Pardot hosting files encompass all the files uploaded and stored within the platform, from images and videos to documents and scripts.
Step 10 – User Segmentation
User segmentation involves categorizing customers based on their attributes and behavior to send them relevant and personalized content. Salesforce Pardot offers four segmentation methods: Lists, Rules, Tags, and Profiles, allowing you to target your audience effectively.
Step 11 – Automation Tools Setup
Automation tools simplify marketing tasks by executing them with minimal human intervention. These tools encompass actions tied to marketing elements like forms, files, or emails and automation rules for ongoing jobs.
Step 12 – Integration Testing and Deployment
Pardot can be integrated with various systems, such as Google Analytics and Google Ads, using methods like Pardot API and Salesforce Connector. Testing these integrations in a safe environment, like Pardot Sandbox, is essential to ensure proper functionality.
Thoroughly test the Pardot implementation to ensure that email marketing, lead generation, lead nurturing, and other features align with your expectations. Once confirmed, deploy the Pardot system and provide staff training to ensure familiarity with the platform.
Integrating Pardot with Salesforce is a smart move for any business that wants to streamline and automate its sales and marketing processes. Following the easy steps outlined in this blog post, you can implement Pardot with Salesforce quickly and start reaping the benefits of having a powerful and integrated platform.
You know what’s going to make this job more convenient for you? A team of experienced Salesforce Pardot Experts will understand your business needs and customize it to make marketing your favorite task.
Connect with a Salesforce Implementation Partner and allow them to flow the easiness of marketing automation in your organization.
Don’t only dream big; market big also. Start transforming today.